Honda Accord Civic Prelude Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is overratedroster

Our users have posted a total of 23 messages in 16 subjects

ways to vamp up my civic/engine swap.

2 posters

Go down

ways to vamp up my civic/engine swap. Empty ways to vamp up my civic/engine swap.

Post by randomcarolinaguy08 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:38 pm

So I love my civic, its great and gets around 33/34 mpg so its a money saver. My thing with it though it has horrible acceleration and even when i floor it, it takes 3 to seconds for it to realize it and from there, well 0-60 is almost like waiting on the end of time. My engine has 127,000 miles on it and i wish no harm on it but I want to drive it out til it burns out which may be a while yet however I would like to put in a bigger engine one day as well at the same time make it a manual. Questions on this as of yet.

1. what is the biggest size engine i can swap with my 99 civic ex 2dr coupe.
2. currently it has a single cam, can i make it a dual?
3. Can i currently improve the cam before i swap the engine or should i wait.
4. what is the best cam that i can put in it.
5. if professionally done what would it run give or take to swap the engine and swap the trany to a manual.

this is my first of many car projects, i just need a place to start. Smile

randomcarolinaguy08

Back to top Go down

ways to vamp up my civic/engine swap. Empty Re: ways to vamp up my civic/engine swap.

Post by Jon Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:37 am

I can answer some of these questions for you right now, and the others I'll have to check up on considering most of my knowledge is Accord based.

2. When you do an engine swap, if your new engine is dual cam (DOHC), then you'll have dual cams. I'll try to find out what DOHC engines you can swap into your car.

3. To be honest, I would save my money and put it towards a new tranny and engine. Those things wont come cheap.

5. Depends on the engine you get. You may have more torque at lower RPMs. More horsepower. With the manual transmission, once you get the hang of driving it you'll certainly gain speed quicker.

Do you have a B series engine? Which engine to you have?
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

https://hondaacp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down