Honda Accord Civic Prelude Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 18 registered users
The newest registered user is overratedroster

Our users have posted a total of 23 messages in 16 subjects

99 CIVIC EX cold air intake...

2 posters

Go down

99 CIVIC EX cold air intake... Empty 99 CIVIC EX cold air intake...

Post by cmf1991 Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Hey, I have a 99 civic ex sedan... I was looking around and doing some research on cold air intakes and I found a 2002 civic cold air intake. I was wondering if it would fit on mine? If not, what suggestions would you have for my DIY project? I'm trying to give it a speed boost and a smoother drive, if possible. I've done a few mechanical things to my ride, but I'm not a pro, so any advice would help Very Happy thankss.

cmf1991

Back to top Go down

99 CIVIC EX cold air intake... Empty Re: 99 CIVIC EX cold air intake...

Post by Jon Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

I don't believe that it will fit. The 2002 is a 7th gen Civic and the '99 model is a 6th gen.

If you find a '96-2000 model Civic intake that fits the same size engine that you have, it will work.

There are a few good bolt-ons that will add power (And speed). The intake is one. Exhaust headers and a new catback exhaust with larger piping are two others.

I'm getting ready to build a custom exhaust for a 97 Accord. I'm going with a Magnaflow universal muffler, a high flow cat, and headers. A shop will be customizing and bending the pipe for me. The intake, headers, and exhaust will increase airflow.

Another way to increase airflow, but not a cheap way by far, is to boost it with a turbocharger. The parts will probably cost around $1500. Installation and tuning need to be done perfect, or you can cause engine damage.
Jon
Jon
Admin
Admin

https://hondaacp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum